Thursday, September 20, 2007

Why I'm about to curl up and die very very soon....

Blame Choxbox. She's the one who's tagged me. Me, poor docile Mom with four grown up kids who say that they read my blog. Hope they skip this one, in which all the ghastly nick- names we ever called them will emerge!
The eldest is M, who used to be called, at various stages, Mandy, Minolta, Diu, Miss Tooti-phooti and Dukhi Bilouti (accident prone was her middle name- she's the only person I know who managed to concuss herself while sitting on her own bed). With littler siblings around, she grew up real fast, so no really juicy pet names.
Number two became Sandy, Sandy Gandy, Ginipot, Ginolta, Poochki, Bilouti etc.
Number three had all the usual suspects- Chublet Bublet, Lallu, Andy Panda, Nandu Halwai(by his doting Dadi) , Darjan Singh, (he was the doting Dadi's dozenth grandchild). He grew into a rather large teenager and became Thobson and Thobson (from the Tintin Thomson and Thompson), which is now shortened to Thobby.
Number four has suffered the most: from being Numpi Bumpi he became Nimpy Numpy, to Nimpy, Nimps, Nimbus Columbus, Miss Nimbupaani, Piglet (which he has always hated and which I find so cute), Pilla, Dollypot. He's the one who's going to kill me for this post.
(Just remembered that he used to be his Bua ka Chuha, and his maasi's El Chico).

Chox- jo dar gaya woh mar gaya toh theek hai, joh nahin dara woh toh mar hi gaya!
(And I was planning to visit you in London next month- ab toh sirf mera bhoot pahunch payega)

12 comments:

Choxbox said...

bravo! LOL!

instead of next month come off now itself before anyone can catch you!

Cee Kay said...

I am going to be certified "nuts" by my colleagues today! I am laughing out loud, tears streaming down my face. Bilouti and Pilla take the cake!! I remember my mom used the nick name "Bilouta" for my brother. It has been so long since I heard these words :D These nicks you have for your kids are priceless!! I wish my grandmother was around - she had a knack for such special nicks too!

Oh My God! Tharini doesn't know what monster she has unleashed in the form of this tag :O)

Anonymous said...

Thanks Mommy for making us so popular.....

~nm said...

Hahaha..ROTFL at hte last line And I was planning to visit you in London next month- ab toh sirf mera bhoot pahunch payega

BTW, what is the age group of your children if I may ask?

Anonymous said...

~Grins! :D

To think mom jus went as far as to call me kaddu and bhaaloo and bhookhi sherni!!! lolz!!!!

dipali said...

~nm:I'm covering many decades here- one teenager,one late twenties, two thirty somethings. No, the youngest wasn't a mistake, either:)

Sue said...

LOL Cousin T calls The Bhablet 'Piglet'. When she says he looks like one she means it with every possible scrap of affection.

Unknown said...

What a brave mother you are, considering them kids are able to read all this and come to get you.... loved it.

Choxbox said...

how come silent for so long? all okay?

Gauri said...

Ha Ha :-) Priceless post - this one. Bua ka Chuha :-))) OMG !!!

the mad momma said...

oh miss nimboopaani is the worst. looks like all of you got together to hammer him just because he is the youngest. you are so dead dipali. i notice one of them left a comment. i am positive its the third!!

dipali said...

We are all quite nuts, as you must have made out by now:)
MM, wrong this time, it was child number two.
Do you remember the Rasna ad. from a few years ago? Miss Nimbupani came from there.
My kids are now all grown up and magnanimous now, so the predicted matricide hasn't occurred:)