I was tagged by Sue for this rather long set of questions. Here goes:
1. What did you do in 2007 that you'd never done before?
Started my blog!
2. Did you keep your new years resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I never make new year resolutions.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Friends had grandchildren. And of course the Mad Momma had Beanie, but we met much later.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My beloved Phupha. He was over ninety. One of the sweetest, nicest people I ever knew.
5. What places did you visit?
Orchcha in Madhya Pradesh, Houston, Austin, Atlanta, Raleigh, Washington DC, New York, Niagara Falls,London, Delhi, Noida.
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
More time, less routine.
7. What date from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
None in particular
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not losing weight.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Had severe vertigo for the first time ever.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My Corelle plates that we use now everyday- my mother used to find the old china ones too heavy, and would complain!
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
No one's in particular. My parents were much more chilled out after my US trip, but celebration is too strong a term!
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and/or depressed?
The spoilsports who think banning a creative work is a legitimate human activity.
14. Where did most of your money go?
On normal, day to day life.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The Dover Lane concerts 2007
16. What song will always remind you of 2007?
The songs from TZP.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you happier or sadder?
Much the same:)
18. Thinner or fatter?
19. What do you wish you'd done more of?
20. What do you wish you'd done less of?
21. How will you be spending Christmas?
Saw two movies, not quite back-to-back.
22. Did you fall in love in 2007?
Permanently fallen many long years ago.
23. How many one night stands?
24. What was your favourite TV programme?
Hats'Off productions like Baa,Bahu aur Baby, or Sarabhai vs.Sarabhai.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Raj Thackeray, for being so parochial.
26. What was the best book you read?
The Road, Cormac McCarthy, and The Music Room by Namita Devidayal, among others.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
28. What did you want and get?
29. What did you want and not get?
30. What was your favourite film of this year?
Jhoom Baraabar Jhoom, for just being fun.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Saw Om Shanti Om after a Chinese meal. Fifty two.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Less waiting for my husband.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
Back in jeans after a gap of a few years, physique notwithstanding.
34. What kept you sane?
Books, music, blogging
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
The stupid MNS brouhaha. Divisive politics at its worst.
37. Who did you miss?
My late brother.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Sue and the Mad Momma and their beautiful kids
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007.
The more loving I am, the better my life is.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Jhoom Barabar Jhoom!
I hereby tag Lekhni.